Minutes of the 6th Working Party Meeting

1. Present:
Richard Adamson (RA)
Ben Courtney (BC)
Anthony Gough (AG)
Stuart Keith (SK)

Apologies:
Simon Cope (SC)
Andy Crossland (AC)
Matt Flinton (MF)
Dan Gadd (DG)
David Hanson (DH)
Matt Lawson (ML)
Steve Smith (SS)
Andy Troughton (AT)
Sandra Troughton (ST)
David Wild (DW)

2. Location of the Launch Party AG liasing with a contact at the Spa Complex with a view to booking the venue for the night of 30 November for Launch Party. There was hope there would be a reply the same day as the meeting. Should this be unsuccessful, BC to contact local hotels to find appropriate venue.

3. Content of the Launch PartyNeeds to be a visit to the venue when it is booked to ensure it is will serve its purpose. Preliminary ideas for content of the Party include a non-invasive quiz which will be projected on to a screen with pictures and questions, a DJ and an auction. Also decided that the Party needs an external individual to hold the night together (an announcer). To ask AT and ST if they know any local individuals suitable.

4. Invites

Firstly, it was decided that a formal letter to Ian Scobbie is required to invite him. This will be a good opportunity to find out where the club is going. We also need club support for what the Trust is doing and stands for.

It is essential that invites are drawn up for all local councillors, the MP, current club officials and players, ex-players and managers.

5. Date of the Next MeetingThe Upstairs Room, The New Tavern, 7 October at 1pm.

6. Any Other Business

Registration

The Trust is officially registered with the FSA. The need to advertise this fact is well understood. RA has been trying to contact Martin Dowey at the SEN to enter a press release and hopefully a picture. Currently RA has been unable to get in touch and aimed to do so on Monday 2 October.

RA has also been in touch with Supporters Direct in order to register with them also. The cost is £50 but offers a range of benefits including reduced rates to conferences. RA to speak to Jacqui at Supporters Direct to arrange.

Membership

The consensus of opinion is that the Trust ought to start taking membership as soon as the bank account is opened. Initial thought was to have the Launch Party as the day when membership can be accepted. However, it was decided if members can be recruited a.s.a.p., the more likely there will be good attendance at the Launch Party.

As a side issue, it was confirmed that standing orders, not direct debit, were to be used as method of payment for membership in addition to cheques and cash. SK to get standing order mandate form

With membership forms needs to be an A4 sheet folded with information about the Trust and what it entails. RA to work on.

« Back to news

Latest Tweets

RT @NorthernPremLge: OUT NOW The @NPLShow Featuring @MickleoverSFC @TheDabbers @SouthShieldsFC @WittonAlbion https://t.co/OJ3g2a3dos

Weekly Summary: Keep up date with all things @safc in the Boro Weekly Newsletter> Scarborough Athletic FC Newslett… https://t.co/w1DvacSQKm

Latest Articles