NCEL AGM Update?
The 2008 NCEL AGM was held at the Royal Hotel in Scarborough yesterday, Saturday June 21.
At the AGM the league layouts were ratified, giving the Premier Division 20 clubs, and Division One 19 clubs.
They are as follows:
1. Armthorpe Welfare
2. Arnold Town
3. Bridlington Town - from UniBond League
4. Brodsworth Welfare
5. Dinnington Town - from Division One
6. Eccleshill United
8. Hall Road Rangers - from Division One
9. Lincoln Moorlands Railway
11. Long Eaton United
12. Maltby Main
13. Mickleover Sports
14. Nostell Miners Welfare
16. Pickering Town
17. Selby Town
18. Shirebrook Town
20. Winterton Rangers
1. AFC Emley
2. Appleby Frodingham - from Central Midlands League
3. Askern Villa - from Central Midlands League
4. Barton Town Old Boys
5. Bottesford Town
6. Brighouse Town - from West Riding County Amateur League
7. Glasshoughton Welfare - from Premier Division
8. Grimsby Borough - from Central Midlands League
9. Hemsworth Miners Welfare - from West Riding County Amateur League
10. Leeds Carnegie - name changed from Leeds Met Carnegie
11. Pontefract Collieries
12. Rainworth Miners Welfare
13. Rossington Main
14. Scarborough Athletic
15. Staveley Miners Welfare
16. Tadcaster Albion
18. Worsbrough Bridge Athletic
19. Yorkshire Amateur
Also at the AGM the draw for the Preliminary Round of the NCEL League Cup was made.
Boro were drawn at home against newly named Leeds Carnegie, with the tie set to be played in early to mid September, the date to be confirmed.
The league will now spend time collating the fixture lists for the two divisions - a task which takes time due to the complexities of ground-sharing teams (Boro, Bridlington, Leeds Carnegie and Grimsby Borough) and also those clubs who share facilities with cricket teams.
SAFC ask for paitience from all it's supporters in the support of this process, which should be completed by mid-July, ready for the season's kick-off on August 9th.« Back to news