Minutes of 9th Board Meeting

1. Present:

Richard Adamson (RA)

John Clarke (JC)

Ben Courtney (BC)

Wendy Danby (WD)

John Fawcett (JF)

James Hunter (JH)

Stuart Keith (SK)

Chris Rooke (CR)

Andy Troughton (AT) (in part)

Sandra Troughton (ST)

Apologies: Simon Cope (SC)

Note: Prior to JF arrival at the start of the meeting, it was unanimously agreed to formally invite John Fawcett to be President of Scarborough Athletic Football Club.

2. Minutes of the last meeting

2.1 Membership recruitment/publicity

JH has organised a stall in the Brunswick Pavillion for Saturday 22 September, 10am- 4pm. JH also confirmed further dates are available before Christmas. JH to find volunteers to man the stall with Board members. To distribute membership forms, corporate leaflets and Super Draw leaflets.

Note: Home match against Worsbrough Bridge now arranged for Saturday 22 September. JH to book alternative date for stall.

RA to follow up feature in SEN in conjunction with advertising regarding the Trust reaching 500 members.

2.2 Fundraising

CR continuing to look into fundraising activities from the previous meeting

2.3 Match Day management

ST to liase with Peter Smurthwaite regarding the quantity of provision of food for players and opposing team Directors at matches.

Admittance logistics: Season ticket holders to have hand stamped at turnstile.

Sponsors: Ardent Finance sponsored the Barton game. SK has written a report regarding the experience with shortcomings highlighted, namely:

  • Drinks logistics
  • Advertising of sponsors
  • Food
  • Man of the Match

2.4 Website updates

Trust website has been updated.

3. Regular items

3.1 Manager and team issues

Tracksuits: Ready for use for the AFC Emley game.

ST met with the management team on 29 August. This will become a regular occurrence. BC to arrange the next meeting.

3.2 Travel issues

After a case was put forward to the Co-operative group they have decided to donate the remaining £1000 earmarked for Supporters Trusts to Seadog Trust to help finance the “Boro Bus”.

To discuss with management team how they want to manage travel to Kirkbymoorside for NRSC match.

3.3 Ground latest

Assets of SFC for sale via auction, see below.

No progress regarding the sale of the ground.

3.4 Finances

Season tickets sales topped 100.

Scarves are available to buy and a large quantity were sold at the Barton game.

ST has received the Sage package and is transferring all information to it. This will make financially analysis and review much easier.

3.5 Supporters Club

Supporters Club are planning an evening with the management team and Board as an introduction to supporters. This is due to be held on 26 September at Scholar’s Bar. Food is to be provided. JC to discuss with Tony Brown.

4. Stewarding

CR happy we now have enough stewards to call upon.

For volunteers for the club, it was decided that CRB checks would not be required but CR to look into acquiring the Basic Dislosure form.

ST to discuss safety certificate with Peter Smurthwaite.

5. President’s Role

JF outlined his view of what a President should be entitled to do:

  • Attend home and away matches
  • Attend Board meetings
  • Make suggestions at Board meetings
  • Not have a vote at Board meetings.

All agreed this was what the Board envisaged a President would do.

N.B. After his appointment was confirmed, JF made a kind donation to the football club.

6. Under 19s

BC to contact Mick Rooker at Sheffield Utd. To confirm the Super Draw leafleting design and promotion and also to enquire if there is any further information regarding the Scarborough U19s arrangement with Sheffield Utd.

7. “Substance” Conference, Manchester

RA to look into this for more information.

8. Auctioning of SFC assets

After discussions with the Council, the Trust Board have decided to boycott the auction and will urge others to do the same. Clearly, as the site is stripped of anything sport related, more weight can be put behind the argument that the covenants can be lifted based on the fact that they are no longer relevant. SC to write press release urgently to state our intentions and to encourage others to boycott the auction.

9. Date of the next meeting

Upstairs Room, The New Tavern, 4 October 2007, 7.30pm.

Further meetings: 29 October 2007 22 November 2007

10. Any Other Business

Nomination forms for election to be distributed with the quarterly newsletter.

BC to email RA the details. BC to write letter of thanks to Dance Warehouse for their performance prior to the Barton game.

RA to arrange badges for members.

« Back to news

Latest Tweets

RT @nickfinch14: @safc t-shirt availble to purchase online now! All funds raised go to SAFC. https://t.co/sO6Qj0Lmb2 https://t.co/pwYconp…

Boro Partner Up With @theenergycheck "The exciting new partnership with @theenergycheck is one that will help sav… https://t.co/5zvWzmnqdj